May 2021, Preliminary
ページ番号1009012 更新日 令和3年6月9日
Monthly spot LNG prices for delivery to Japan for May 2021, preliminary figures
|Contracted Month||April 2021 (Confirmed)||May 2021 (Preliminary)|
The average price of spot LNG cargoes for delivery to Japan contracted in May 2021 and scheduled to be delivered from the month onward (contract-based price) was USD 9.6/MBtu. The average price of spot LNG cargoes that were contracted and delivered in Japan within the month of May 2021 (arrival-based price) is not disclosed (See the last paragraph of Notes below).
The confirmled figures for April 2021 were unchanged from the preliminary figures, with the contract-base price at 8.3 USD/MBtu and the arrival-base price not disclosed.
(Next publication scheduled on 9 July 2021)
- We conduct a survey on spot LNG prices for delivery to Japan with the cooperation of companies that are end-consumers of spot LNG for the following two items: 1) expected month of the arrival and 2) contracted price (USD/MBtu).
- ”Spot LNG” means LNG that is traded on a cargo-by-cargo basis and does not have term conditions. If spot LNG prices are linked to other indices, such as Henry Hub or JKM, that LNG cargos are excluded.
- If the delivery condition is CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) or FOB (Free On Board) basis, the price should be converted into the equivalent DES (Delivered Ex Ship) basis that takes into account the premium and freight.
- Prices in the table are the simple average (rounded to the first decimal place) of all contract-based (or arrival-based) prices of spot LNG in Japan (not weighted averages).
- The preliminary figure is made based on the information collected between the 1st to 4th business days of each month following each survey month. The confirmed figure is published at the same time as the publication of the preliminary figure of the following month if any mistakes are found in the period leading up to the publication of the preliminary figure of the following month.
- We can publish the price of the spot LNG only in the cases where there are two or more companies that imported spot LNG. If there is only one company or none at all, we will not publish a price.